Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Letter from Uncle Frank 12 August 1943

This was written on stationery from the American Red Cross.-ed.
Robert Francis Callen

Pfc RF Callen
12th Station Has. APO 922
Postmaster
San Francisco, Calif.

Aug 12 1943

Dear folks

Will try to write you a few lines to let you know I'm still alright I am back in Australia now in a hospital.

I told you a while back that I didn't think my eye was hurt much well that was a mistake. I have but one eye now the left one is out, so when I see you again guess I'll have a glass one in there. And don't [think] that will [be] to long either. I think my army days are just about over.

I got a letter from Pearle awhile back, but I couldn't answer it just then and now I've lost the address...so please tell Tom to get buisy [sic] and write. it won't hurt him.

Well this is all I can think of to write now so will close for this time
please write soon
as ever your
loving son

Bob

No comments: